Please find below the contents of a basic construction vehicle operator appointment that indicates the responsibility of the designated person:
You are to ensure that the Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993, Construction Regulation 23, Driven Machinery Regulations are complied with in your area of responsibility as per the sections of the act as listed at the end of this document.
You are charged with reporting on the following issues:
- Report deviations to management – Immediately.
- Report incidents to management – Immediately.
- Work safely at all times and comply with the legal requirements.
- Comply with Section 14 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Inspect the vehicle/mobile plant daily using a checklist which will be provided to you and report any issues.
- Protect the environment (water, ground, air) from pollution.
- Report spills and emissions to the Safety Officer – Immediately.
- Wear your PPE as you have been taught.