What is the basic responsibilities of a person who gets appointed as a DMR(18) in a company?
Please ensure that all lifting work is performed in strict accordance with OHS Act and operational requirements.
As a Forklift Operator for your area of responsibility, your functions will be as follows:
- Familiarise yourself with the full scope of Driven Machinery Regulation 18.
- You may not permit any person to be transported or lifted by the forklift.
- No other person except a trained forklift operator may operate your forklift.
- When the forklift unit is stationary, do not leave the forklift unit keys in the ignition nor leave it idling unattended.
- Perform daily and weekly pre-use and post-use inspections in the prescribed manner.
- Report any mechanical, hydraulic or electrical defects and ensure that they are immediately attended to before using the forklift.
- At all times operate the unit with due care in compliance with the training you have been given.
- Only allow persons to be lifted up provided that a ‘purpose made’ safety cage is supplied and securely attached to the forklift unit and persons to be lifted are wearing full safety harnesses.
- Return the forklift unit to the assigned parking space when not in use.
- Obey all signs and do not exceed regulated speed limits.
- At all times follow the correct procedure in order to gain permission for operating a forklift.