Nothing is more important than emergency evacuation, find below 7 important steps to take into consideration with regards to a evacuation:
- When a building is in use, always ensure that the emergency exit door are able to be opened from the inside at all times.
- Any and all broken doors/emergency exits must be replaced as soon as possible, when noticed that it is broken.
- All emergency exits must stay unobstructed at all times, to prevent people from tripping when the exit needs to be used.
- Never place curtains or similar objects in front or over the emergency exit, as this makes it difficult to exit in case of an emergency. It basically serves as a obstruction.
- Emergency evacuation drills must be held regularly, so that staff will know what to do in case of a real emergency.
- All emergency exits must be clearly identified, by means of a “Emergency Exit” signage.
- Emergency preparedness must be communicated over to all staff, so that they can be aware of the exits in case of an emergency.